Engagement: Jessica and Patrick

On April Fool's Day 2012 I got to spend the day with this sweet, happy couple for their engagement shoot (and they didn't even prank me!). We started the windy but sunny day over a cup of tea at Hermosa's GumTree Cafe and chatted about their Ireland-engagement and the plans that I had for the day. I took them up to Bluff Cove in Palos Verdes and these troopers hiked down the cliffside with me, scaled giant rocks so that I could get impossible shots with the frothy ocean threatening my Mark II, and then hiked all the way back up with me! I wanted to go with a slight travel theme for them so I brought along an old suitcase and a US map which I made vintage-y by staining it with coffee (an old trick that I used when I wanted my printed photos to look a little aged). We then went down to the beach at Malaga Cove for some playful, light-filled shots. They helped me fire up a ridiculous amount of tea light candles in mason jars for romantic lighting post-sunset and snuggled up for some cozy shots.


Jessica and Patrick got engaged during a trip to Ireland and have three rescue dogs. They're planning an intimate ceremony this October and I'm honored to say that I'll get to photograph that lovely affair as well!

Congrats you two!


Pin It button on image hover